Tiny house. Huge Garden.
- Van size
- Avoiding condensation
- Keeping the camper warm
- Prevent water from freezing
- and more
Here’s a few tips that helped us survive a Patagonian winter without hook up or even driving!
Build Your Own Camper
Sizing a Camper Electrical System
Figuring out what size batteries, solar panels and inverters you need takes a lot of thought & a LOT of mathematics. Our Solar Calculators will help you work out the correct size components with confidence.
Van Life Tips & Tricks
“Travel is ALWAYS an option when you live in a van”
- DIY Campervan Conversion Kits | Furniture Modules to Kit Out a Van, FastConverting a van into a camper takes a lot of accomplished DIY skills. You’ll need to be a carpenter, metalworker, electrician and plumber. At times you’ll wish you were a magician! If you have all of these skills in abundance, a conversion might be relatively straight forward. Not everyone knows how to build a camper … Read More
- How to Winterize a Camper | Antifreeze, Air & Water LinesFor many camper owners, the beginning of October marks the end of another season of travel. As the nights draw in and autumnal hues give way to bare branches and grey skies, it’s a sure sign winter is on the horizon. Unless planning to live in the camper in the winter months, now is the … Read More
- How to Heat a Camper Without ElectricityRV living out of season brings more space, fewer people, lower costs and cooler temperatures. So staying warm and preventing heat loss from your camper is essential to take full advantage of off season camping. Some of the most common heating solutions for campers, RVs and camper trailers are a heavy draw on the electrical … Read More
- Electrical Calculators for Campervan ConversionsThe most important aspect of creating the perfect campervan electrical design is getting the size right. But it’s a bit of a minefield. Here’s just an example of some of the typical questions asked when designing and building a DIY campervan conversion: How many batteries do I need? What type of battery do I need? … Read More
- RV Solar Calculator for Off Grid LivingThis RV solar calculator will help you correctly size your entire camper solar system. It includes your inverter, solar panels, solar charge controller and battery bank too. It’s simple and straightforward to use. We’ve included a section below to answer some questions you may have. This calculator forms part of our camper solar setup series … Read More
- 6 Best Diesel Heaters for Campervans & RVs | A Buyer’s GuideLiving in a camper during cold winter months would be unbearable without a way to keep warm. Sure there are ways to keep warm in a van without a heater. But if planning to spend any length of time winter camping, it’s best to consider other options. Heating for campervans comes in a variety of … Read More
- Inverter Calculator | Sizing AC Load in an Electrical SystemThis inverter calculator will help you correctly size your inverter for the daily load of your AC appliances in your camper. It’s simple and straightforward to use. We’ve included a section below to answer some questions you may have. This calculator forms part of our camper solar setup series and the wider subject of campervan … Read More
- Battery Life Calculator & Comparison TableThis battery life calculator and comparison table allows you to compare upto 3 batteries to help choose the best batteries for your camper solar setup. It’s simple and straightforward to use. We’ve included a section below to answer some questions you may have. This calculator forms part of our camper solar setup series and the … Read More
- Solar Battery Bank CalculatorThis solar battery bank calculator will help you correctly size your batteries for the daily load and energy usage in your camper solar setup. It’s simple and straightforward to use. We’ve included a section below to answer some questions you may have. This calculator forms part of our camper solar setup series and the wider … Read More
- 800 Watt Solar Panel Wiring Diagram & Kit ListThis is an 800 Watt Solar Panel Wiring Diagram with a complete list of DIY parts needed and kits available. Use this as a guide to fitting your RV, campervan, motorhome or caravan solar set up. We’ve designed the diagram so it’s simple to understand for newbies to campervan electrics. Campervan electrics can be dangerous … Read More